1. To oversee the implementation of Article 149 of ZEKom-1 which provides for the rules on internal procedures in cases of responses to requests from competent authorities to access user's personal databased on sector-specific laws.
2. At least once a year to conduct an inspection supervision over the processing of personal data provided by Article 153 of ZEKom-1 which stipulates the conditions and procedures for disclosure of traffic and location data in cases of protection of an individual’s life and body.
3. To oversee the implementation of Article 155 of ZEKom-1 which provides for the rules on tracing of malicious or nuisance calls, upon the request of the subscriber, and on disclosure of the data, containing the identification of the calling subscriber.
4. To oversee the implementation of Article 157 of ZEKom-1 which provides for the rules on storing of information, or the gaining of access to information already stored, in the terminal equipment of a subscriber or user, with cookies or similar technologies.
5. To oversee the implementation of Article 166 of the ZEKom-1 that provides for the rules on disclosure of the retained data to the competent authorities.
6. According to Article 169 of ZEKom-1 the Information Commissioner oversees the implementation of the provisions on retention of traffic and location data which are acquired or processed in relation to the provision of public communications networks or services, in accordance with Articles 162 to 168 of ZEKom-1, except for the provision of Article 165(4).
Within the sphere supervised, the Information Commissioner decides on minor offences of this Act and regulations thereof, acting as minor offence body, in compliance with the Act governing minor offence procedures (Articles 232 to 236 of ZEKom-1).
Competencies under the "old" Electronic Communications Act
1. performing supervision over the storage of traffic and location data, which are acquired or processed in relation to provision of public communications networks or services in accordance with the Art. 107a -107e of this Act (in accordance with Art. 112(2) of the Electronic Communications Act);
2. deciding, within the sphere supervised, on offences of this Act and regulations thereof, acting as offence body , in compliance with Act, governing the offences. For the offences of this Act Information Commissioner may impose a fine in the amount, higher than the minimum prescribed fine for each offense, acting as offence body (in accordance with Art. 147 of the Electronic Communications Act);
3. Information Commissioner also acts to prevent the misuse of and the lawful implementation of Directive on privacy and electronic communications 2002/58/EC and the new proposal of Directive on retention on traffic telecommunications data, adopted on 15.12.2005 in Brussels.